Flapper

Simply put, I wanted some hats that weren't extremely warm so that on bad hair days I would have more of a choice than just baseball hats. I wasn't sure where I was going when I started this one, I simply knew I had a small amount of yarn out of my stash I wanted to play around with. I really do love the way this came out. I hope you do too!

009 011
013 020

G hook
Used Lion Brand Heartland

This hat is worked inside out.

chain 2
Row 1: in second chain from hook dc 11 times (11 stitches)
Row 2: chain 2, in each stitch across place 2 dc, join to first dc (22 stitches)
Row 3: chain 2, *dc, 2 dc in next stitch, repeat from * around, join to first dc (33 stitches)
Row 4: chain 2, *dc, dc, 2 dc in next stitch, repeat from * around, join to first dc (44 stitches)
Row 5: chain 2, *dc, dc, dc, 2 dc in next stitch, repeat from * around, join to first dc (55 stitches)
Row 6: chain 2, *dc, dc, dc, dc, 2 dc in next stitch, repeat from * around, join to first dc (66 stitches)
Rows 7 - 16: chain 2, dc around, join to first dc (66 stitches)
Rows 17 - 20: chain 2, (in separate stitches) 2 hdc, 30 sc, 2 hdc, 32 dc, join to first hdc (66 stitches)
Rows 21 - 22: chain 2, sc around, join to first sc (66 stitches)

Turn hat inside out. Fold the flap up and sew button to hold it in place.

I would love for you to join the conversation through 
Facebook, Twitter, my email, or in the comment section.

Comments

  1. Just soooo cute!!! The hat AND the model!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I can't wait to share the other pattern. I'm particularly in love with how it turned out.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts