Making choices to help me stay intentional

So, not being a "resolution" or "goal" girl, I seem to have set up a few daily goals anyway. On Instagram I am sharing my #joyinthemorning and #crochetfortheday, and at Goodreads I have set up a goal of 35 books for the year. I also want to crochet 12 afghans this year, though only a few of them have homes in my brain at this point. So, what's up with this non-goal-setter setting goals? 


Sometimes things fall to the wayside. I'll be honest and say I returned two library books with only reading 2 chapters in one of them. Why? I don't know. I can blame it on my phone games, which I once took off and now have back on. I could blame it on not being able to focus. But I simply haven't read like I wanted to. So, setting the goal of 35 books isn't a life changing goal, but it should keep me reading. Hopefully I pick up the book on my bedside tonight.

And the crochet? I love crochet, but again something that falls to the wayside if I am not intentional. The hashtag on Instagram, and the afghan idea, will help me stay intentional. At least, that's what I'm hoping. I have no doubt there will be days the crochet hasn't changed in the picture, but I"m holding myself accountable, and in so doing hoping that it will keep me moving more than if I didn't.

The same with my joy in the morning. I have a tendency to fall into depression, anxiety, and doubt. Starting my morning looking for the joy in the Lord should help with that, right? Oh, some days I'll still feel small, less than, or not quite right. But the Truth and God will help me. That's what I'm counting on.


So my goals? They aren't life changing, but I do hope they change the temper of my days some. I hope they help create more good days. I hope they help me be who I should be. So, while they aren't GOALS, they are things which I know should be in my day and I will do better with them there. Reminders? Maybe. Simply trying to be the best me.

Facebook Email rss feed

Comments

  1. I love your idea of simple reminders. Maybe I'll try that since I seem to have trouble setting and keeping goals. :) I think I just need to take some time to think about all I need or want to do and make a tentative, flexible schedule so that I don't miss anything. By the way, I don't know if I told you, but I love your blog design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Gayl. The design fits my heart right now. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts