What you share is inspirational and encouraging.

You may or may not have seen the video about the first person to run a marathon without telling anyone about it. I laughed a little when I watched it because it did bring to light what social media does. Some share everything, don't we? And some people don't share a lot at all. It's quite person specific, but this is what the video really made me consider: I want to thank you.



Thank you for sharing about your hikes and runs. They inspired me to go out and do the same.
Thank you for sharing your pictures, both planned and snap shot. I pick up my camera more now and have gotten quite a few good shots.
Thank you for telling me about the cause which is so close to your heart. I've been grateful to help when possible and you have made me think about what matters to me.
Thank you for sharing your mess and ordinary. It reminds me that all our days are filled with those.
Thank you for sharing your heart and troubles. I have been blessed to pray for you and I appreciate that opportunity.
Thank you for teaching me how to pray for others. What you added to what I knew has been integral.
Thank you for sharing that new recipe, restaurant, and idea. You added to my life without knowing it.
Thank you for telling me about your latest workout. I will be using that when the gym is closed over the holidays.
Thank you for reminding me this world is so much bigger than the tip of my nose.
Thank you for reminding me I have a voice and can use it.
Thank you for reminding me I sparkle and shine and I shouldn't let anyone take that from me.
Thank you for sharing that crochet pattern! It was just what I was looking for.
Thank you for teaching me I can go on when the unthinkable happens.
Thank you for sharing you.

In so doing you have made my life better, deeper, and wider. I know we all struggle with what to say, how much to say, and when to say it. Sometimes in the middle is not wise, and sometimes it is. Sometimes we mess up and are simply looking for others to jump on our band wagon. But I want to thank you for how you have used social media and your positive impact on my life.


When I see your face or name I remember suddenly all the good you have poured into me. All the ways you have inspired me by the big and little things you do. I see your heart. And I thank you.

And PS. I'll be running a marathon next year and will occasionally share about it. Because I happen to believe my friends care, and it does matter, and sometimes I am going to need you to cheer me on!

Facebook Email rss feed

Comments

  1. Stacey, this is beautiful!! You're sharing is such an encouragement to me and so many others. Keep it up and share away about that marathon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 aw, thanks dear. And thank YOU for sharing your heart!

      Delete
  2. What a great post! It gave me the little encouragement to keep on blogging, however sporadic and random it usually is! ;) You have a great blog and thank YOU for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! Keep sharing your heart! And thank you, dear. :)

      Delete
  3. My friend shared this with me and it was also just what I needed. First time to your blog! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you came through and visited!! Would love to get to know you and your story better. :)

      Delete
  4. Thank YOU for being a person who genuinely cares about others. If everyone was like you, so gracious, so loving, it would be safe to share our complete stories, wouldn't it? Thankful to be sharing my story with you and I am THRILLED for you and all that you are accomplishing!!! Wouldn't it be amazing to do a Stitch Sisters run together?!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding safe places is SO important. And sometimes it's simply in the timing.

      I think a run together would be fun, but with us spread out across the country, literally, it's hard to imagine. Sadly. Who knows what the future holds in store, though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts