What life looks right now.

I'm being a bit of a follower today, but that's something I'm good at. My inspiration can be found from this Facebook page I recently began following because of words which spoke truth. If you are new around here you will learn a bit about me from this post, and maybe things you don't even care about. If you have known me for a while, some of this will be a surprise and some wont. It depends on how well you know me now.


I'm an early riser with the alarm going off within the fourth hour of the day. If I can wake with the alarm rather than the dog I am a happy camper. My love greets the day before I do, giving one another space to do so on our own terms. We have been searching for a church for almost a year, and it makes me feel a bit like a church shopper, but we've only been looking for the right place to belong. Due to the current church we are visiting I am trying to redeem my time, find ways to feel accomplished in a world where much is unseen, and remember it's about the connection not the location. 

I have a week and a half before my first half marathon. I have only worked up to eleven miles so far, but I think I'll be able to do it. I am exactly five months away from my scheduled Black Belt test today. I desperately want to earn this rank, and walk away from the test knowing I did my best and left it all on the mat. I teach an occasional self-defense class through my taekwondo school. I'm still learning myself, so sometimes I don't feel adequate in the teaching. Sometimes I feel this way about everything, and other times I have a head which wont fit in the door. 

I like my morning coffee with a drop or two of peppermint oil, and my evening coffee with pumpkin creamer. I love the windows open, hearing the birds call, and feeling a cool breeze. I am a wife, daughter, mother, motherinlaw, sister, friend. I long for old connections to be as they were, and have a hard time letting go when it's time. 



I miss my kids who are spread out across the globe. I'm grateful for skype, texting, and phone calls. I'm a sender of packages. I'm a mom who wants them to be free and live a full life, but misses those faces on a regular basis. I'm a woman who has much more time on her hands. I fill it with things I never thought I once would. I'm grateful for each sunrise we all receive.

I like cold pizza, fresh veggies, writing, reading, and watching movies. I crochet for others most often, but occasionally for myself as well. I write because no matter how many times I put the pen down, my soul comes up with words. I want others to know how to take care of themselves rather than walk through the world blindly. I'm still learning on that front myself. I think the best way I can love another is not to expect them to be anything other than they truly are.

I'm a giver, a follower who steps up when needed, a lover, a protector even when it's not wanted, a releaser, a prayer, a studier of the Word, a cleaner, a cook, a mixer up of words. 

This is what life looks like right now.

Comments

  1. Stacey, I absolutely enjoyed reading this and I feel like I know you a little better. And I see that you and I are quite a bit alike. :) Have a great week! May God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL That's cool, but I'm not fully surprised. I sorta had the same idea. Bless you indeed, dear.

      Delete
  2. This was such a delightful read! You are lovely inside and out my dear!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you friend! You are kind. :)

      Delete
  3. I love this post and I love everything about you. You are my the keeper of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fan. This was fun to read. I knew a lot of this already and I can totally relate to what you've written.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post! I have to say, I love your hair! We've talked about natural gray before, but yours is really beautiful! I wanted to share with you about an ebook I've written about a Christmas project we've done for over 20 years. Check it out here: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/558530.
    Let me know if you would be interested in sharing this with your readers. I'd send you a free pdf. copy. :0) Email me and let me know what you think. ballpark001@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore the idea of the book. I'll email you as soon as I can. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts