April 29, 2015

Be inspired. Be inspiring.

There are times I have pointed you to others. So much inspiration out there. So many amazing people doing amazing things. And often, I wonder if it's easier for me to point to others than try to do things myself. 

I'm not sure how that seems to you. To me, it depends on the day. Some days I see the lack, and some days I know it doesn't matter. But it's hard, if I'm to be perfectly honest with you. It's hard pushing through and remembering that I'm not too old, too new, or too outside the loop. 

be inspired be inspiring

Sometimes I meet people and I feel as if I align with them perfectly. But the connections don't quite make it. Sometimes I meet people and we become friends and I am so grateful to share life with them. Sometimes I meet people and I miss the connection that could have been had I paid attention. That's all part of life, isn't it?

Yet, the negative part of me wants to blame and shame me for the above first and third sentence, and it wants me to ignore the second sentence completely. That's how it gets us to withdraw, give up, and lose hope. While I go through periods of time when I do and don't do these things, I'm tired of them. I'm tired of that negative voice having such a strong influence and stopping me.

Here's the things. Some people are crazy inspirational, and usually those are the people you feel a connection of some sort to. At times those connections are mutual, and sometimes you are simply a hit on their website. But that's okay. Connect when you can. Be inspired always. And remember that all you can do is the best you can do today. And in so doing you will be inspiring.

I wrote a post this morning which summarized what my sensei taught us last night in taekwondo class. Some things are worth fighting for. 

You know who's worth fighting for? You and me. We are. Our dreams are. Our goals are. But we can't keep listening to the negative voice or giving up before we begin the first step. We can't stop sharing inspiration, or doing things ourselves. We have to take each moment as it comes, and get as much out of it as we can. Because each day is new, and we have so many opportunities if we will open ourselves to them and take a chance.

I'm pointing you to a few people today because they inspire me. I'm not pointing them to you rather than doing things myself, but because they inspire me to do things myself. And you're never so far outside the loop to affect one person.

Jarrett Arthur wrote an amazing article about fearlessness and fearfulness. Please go read it.
Erin Brown reminds me constantly to be strong, in all ways. And she reminds me it's okay to put myself as a priority and not worry about what others think.
Clare Smith wrote a piece about why she does what she does. What she said struck a nerve with me so hard, but also helped push me forward. Go read it, as well.
And go follow BOOM self-defense. Unfortunately they are based in Austin (Austin-ites, that means she's near YOU), but even still her posts regularly teach me and inspire me. So worth the follow!


2 comments:

  1. Stacey, I'm always glad when I come to read your posts. They are always inspiring. We are never too old. I'm 62 and it's only in the last year and a half that I've started writing again, and just in the past few weeks that I've started karate! So, I don't think we'll ever be out of the loop. We just have to keep plugging away and learning new things, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We are not behind or ahead. We are on our own race inspired by some and inspiring to others at different times. So glad to be on this road with you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...