little things to do for strangers

Okay friends, so I decided to write out a few small things we can do here, and if nothing else it will be a place I can come back to on the days my mind goes blank. Remember, these ideas are not going to be huge or big. They are simple thoughts and ideas we can do for another for no reason whatsoever except love.

Oh! And did you see on Facebook? Yesterday after I wrote the post I was at the gym running, and one of the older gentlemen I ran past handed me a small gift one time. It was a cross necklace in a plastic bag. Nothing expensive or crazy, and we didn't even talk, but how sweet, right? And then I realized it was JUST what I was talking about here, and it totally made me giggle and smile. That's our goal, right? To make someone else's day a little better?

And before I get started on this list, which probably wont be extremely long, but I wanted to say that the most important part of this is learning to keep our eyes and ears open to what is around us, and our heart open to God's leading, so that we can truly be used by Him through it. Okay?

feb challenge

First, let me tell you about an ebook that is free which fits this category perfectly. Jennifer wrote 31 Ways to Brighten Someone's Day during the 31 day blogging which going on every October. Then she got the gumption up to put it all together in a lovely ebook for us. Truly, the ideas within it are great, and easy, and lovely. Grab it so that you always have a reference to fall back on. And yes, it is free, so go get it.

Now, for strangers I always feel a little.. careful in what I do. I don't want to scare anyone, or freak anyone out. Maybe that's my own issue, but it's something I try to keep in mind. So these ideas are sweet, but innocuous at the same time. At least, that is my hope.

  • pick up a $5 gift card at the coffee shop when you get your drink, and hand it to the last person in line
  • leave a book you have read and loved in the doctor's office with a note on the outside (sticky note) to let the next person know it's theirs for the taking
  • smile
  • hold the door
  • say a kind word
  • pick up the tab of the car behind you at a drive-thru
  • leave an encouraging note at a fast food table for the next person that comes by
  • help someone who could use an extra hand
  • say something loving to a mom whose child is having a melt-down
  • pick up random gift cards and give them out as you think best
  • tip well


I would love for you to join the conversation through 
Facebook, Twitter, my email, or in the comment section.

Comments

Popular Posts