Sunday Breakfast Bake

Yesterday our church had a chuch wide small group breakfast high attendance Sunday. What? You don't do that at your church? You must not be Baptist. ;) Anyway, I had attempted a new recipe when youngest was home last, and decided to make it again but on a larger scale. Thus, I introduce you to the Sunday Breakfast Bake.

Sunday Breakfast Bake

Sunday Breakfast Bake

.75 bag of frozen tater-tots
10 eggs
one package ready to eat bacon
2 cups cheddar cheese
salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder (all to taste)

Preheat oven to 425
Spray casserole dish and lay tater-tots in the bottom, place dish in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
While dish is in the oven mix eggs, bacon (cut into small pieces), 1 cup cheese, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
Take dish out of oven. Using a fork flatten all the tater-tots so that they lose their shape and form a crust in the bottom of the dish. Pour the egg mixture over the tater-tots, place the rest of the cheese on top of the mixture, and put in the oven for 25 minutes.

  20150111_081750  20150111_082139 
Half the dish of tater-tots are flattened in the first picture.
The second picture has the egg mixture poured on top.


I would love for you to join the conversation through 
Facebook, Twitter, my email, or in the comment section.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. :D LOL Thank you sweetie. I thought it was pretty good.

      Delete
  2. Looks good! I make something similar, but without the tater tots, and the cheese is pressed into the bottom of the pan. It's a great recipe for church brunches! :) I'm wondering what a small group high attendance Sunday is? sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sweetie. Does the cheese make an awesome crust on your dish? That sounds yummy.

      It's simply sunday school breakfast, try to get everyone to come and reconnect. It's a good time for fellowship.

      Delete
    2. No, no real crust, but it does hold together well. I also fry up either bacon or farmer's sausage, and lots of veggies (onions, green peppers, mushrooms) and spread that over the cheese before I pour the eggs in the dish. Great dish. I might have to try the tater tots, too!

      Delete
    3. I may have to try that one morning for Capt and I. Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts