January 1, 2015

2014 was yesterday

I probably should have switched these two posts, but it is what it is and so today I want to share some little things I learned during the month of December. Remember, when you change your course  just be one single degree it results in a large change in the end.

December 2014

1. Some days things may seem really easy, but the next it can feel difficult and hard. That's part of learning. I am really enjoying writing crochet patterns, but some days I end up frogging everything I have done. The day isn't wasted if I have learned something from it.

2. Just because an idea is good doesn't mean it's what you want to stick with. You want to use the best idea for you. I really enjoyed going through 1 John one chapter one week at a time. I think it's a good plan, but at the start of 2015 I find myself switching gears and that's okay.

3. You can admire what others do and be okay with not being able to do it. I loved the Bible Journaling and some of those pages are gorgeous and so inspiring, but truth be told I can not do it. I'm simply not an artist in that vein, but I'm okay with that fact. I did get all my supplies organized and that's nice.

4. Sometimes you end up doing things you never thought you would do, and that's really cool. You also may find those things feel selfish in the doing, that can be okay as well. I tested and passed for second degree Brown Belt in Taekwondo.  It's crazy amazing to me that I have made it this far and can see the Black Belt test over the horizon. It feels selfish to move towards but I'm pushing through that to do so anyway.

5. Sometimes you don't get what you want, but that doesn't mean you can't make the best of what you have. It's not always easy on either count, but finding a balance helps allow contentment to settle in your heart.

Emily did lessons of 2014 and invited others to do the same. I'm good to get just one month down, but go check them out.

I would love for you to join the conversation through 
Facebook, Twitter, my email, or in the comment section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...