November 29, 2014

Right now:

today The chili cooks behind me in the crock-pot, it's aroma filling the house making me ready for supper now. The 6-hour Slow Cooker Chili is one of my favorites, though I must cut everything in half even to feed my extended family. There are promises of baked potatoes and corn bread which I am looking forward to, though I may just get a big bowl and jalapenos.

Chip is sitting next to me on the couch under a blanket. He's getting old and has become much more needy of presence than he ever was. He's a good dog, even if his alter ego is a grumpy snippy old man.

Across the room sits Captain playing with pictures. We took a trip to the zoo and he took so many amazing pictures. He alters, edits, and approves of just so many, but then that's the crux of picture taking. Snap more than you will see.

Youngest is here for the weekend. Messaged with those across the pond this morning.

Christmas music plays through the room and distracts my mind from words which want to go deeper. But sometimes staying in the moment and not dissecting every little thing is the best way to go.

Yarn has been worked, a new pattern is emerging, projects have been finished, and more are being planned. Sometimes simple is the best way to go, but I love it when yarn and design come together to make the heart thrill with the result.

Coffee is in my cup.

This is a moment. Part of my day. What are you doing right now?



I would love for you to join the conversation through 
Facebook, Twitter, my email, or in the comment section.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day, Stacey! I've been working on a blog post and now I'm about to mix up pizza dough so we can enjoy pizza tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried making pizza homemade a few times before, but they like the frozen best. LOL Less work that way, I guess. :) Enjoy the pizza!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...