July 26, 2014

Some days we're just Hobbits.

I sat and watched as Bilbo vacillated between listening to his heart and his fears. I watched as others told him he couldn't do it, and others still told him he could.

"I think there's more to this Hobbit than meets the eye." ~ Gandalf

I am a hobbit. It sounds ludicrous to say, but I think that is exactly who I am. This little hobbit who feels the call to do something, but is scared to death she wont be able to do it. It's easier to simply not even try.

And truth be told, I like my little home, books, and company which calls every now and then.

But I must drive those around me crazy. Those I give a peek into my heart when it's high and when it's low. Maybe I should have a different group of friends for each elevation for all our sanity.

Some days I believe I can do whatever I set my heart to.
Some days I think I don't have an ounce of talent in my little finger.
Some days the sun rises and my spirits soar.
Some days I can't fathom I have anything for the future.

I hate this about me, but I'm learning hating (even oneself) is not the way to make change happen.

My hope is this is not the end of the story. In fact, I know it's not. I believe that if I keep working and moving forward and pushing myself and letting others hold me up when I can't do it that eventually I will get to where I want to be. I will become the person God designed me to be. And when I get there I will be someone who can truly help others. I will be someone who can relate. I will be someone who gets it.
"I know you doubt me, I know you always have, and you're right. I often think of Bag End. I miss my books, and my arm chair, and my garden. See, that's where I belong; that's home, and that's why I came cause you don't have one.. a home. It was taken from you, but I will help you take it back if I can." ~ Bilbo
Some days we're just Hobbits. Struggling to become who we were designed to be. But there is a greater design we are a part of, one in which our connection with others matters. One where we can help one another, by reaching out with hand and heart.

Who are you reaching out to today? Because there is always someone who is where you were, or needs what you have found.

I would love for you to join the conversation through 
Facebook, Twitter, my email, or in the comment section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...