Spread the Love (Blog tour)

I met Gayl through Story Sessions. She has been encouraging and thoughtful since we first met. I can almost always count on her seeing me when I leave a message, link a post, or share a thought. Her writing is always thoughtful and true, and I am loving the pictures she has begun sharing on her blog as well. She is a true beauty. She was tagged by her sweet daughter, Jamie, and then she asked me if I would like to be included as well. I said yes, so here we go....

1. What are you currently working on?
My main creative focus has been this blog. It is probably the one constant over the past odd years and I don't see letting it go anytime soon. Of course, my pursuits reach out in other directions occasionally as well. Right now at home I am working in the yard. I am so enjoying taking care of the plants that are out there, and making things better. We have plans for one large section and I can not wait for it to be done, but even the little nooks and crannies I am working on bring me joy. I am working towards my black belt in taekwondo, though that is probably a year or so away. That one feels surreal. As far as my writing, I had the idea to write some short stories just for myself. They would be practice at working things out, finishing stories, and writing more. I will admit after I finished the first one I hit a brick wall, but I am hoping for it to continue back up soon. I'm also doing poetry and vignettes over at my instagram thanks to inspiration of another dear friend.

2. How does your work differ from others of its genre?
My blogging is different than other blogs because I have been spending a bit of time writing about two topics which are not easy to find others talking about. The first is self-defense and protection. I talk about everything from actual self-defense techniques to things to think about when you are out and about. The other topic is my emptying nest. I am sharing my struggles and hopes as my children begin their own lives and I transition from a stay at home homeschooling mom to.... when I figure that out I'll let you know.

3. Why do you write/create what you do?
I write about the emptying nest because it helps me process what I am going through. I write about self-defense because I want everyone to be able to do as much as they possibly can to protect themselves because I believe each and every person is a gift from God and important. I do the things around the house that I do because I want it to be a place of beauty, peace, and tranquility where people feel safe and want to come home to.

4. How does your writing/creating process work?
No matter what it is I am doing I usually spend much time thinking about it before I actually begin. Whether I am starting a new crochet project, a new garden area, or the next short story my brain requires time focused working different angles and possibilities before I begin. Then I have a tendency to work hard and continuously until it is done, sometimes to a fault of ignoring other things which also must be done.

My fear when I agreed to be part of the blog tour was that I would have no one to pass it on to. I had one friend who was willing to participate, but let me know she wouldn't tag anyone. I understood, but knew that if I were going to kill the tour I had to do it personally and not hand it off for another to do for me. I did end up finding a two to carry on the love. :)

1. Heather is a dear friend I know through a small blogger group I am a part of. I honestly do not know if we met there through others, or if there was another connection. Her blogging has been interrupted by life, don't we all know how that goes, but she decided to use this tour as an opportunity to get back in the habit of sharing words. And when she shares, she shares! Check out her archives until next week when she returns.

2. I have known Nancy for approximately two years, at least. I had the blessing to get to meet her in person when we both attended the Declare Conference last year in Dallas. She writes about her intersection of life and faith and how to defend the home front during this battle of life.

3. If you want to join in, please do so! Let me know and I'll tag you, too. :)




I would love for you to join the conversation through 
Facebook, Twitter, my email, or in the comment section.

Comments

  1. Stacey, I really enjoyed reading this. Thanks so much for agreeing to participate. :) I love that you enjoy working in your yard and making it better. We so need to do that for our yard. We live on a hill next to a forest and we own about 2 1/2 acres. It is so overgrown right now but we are working on plans to really fix it up. Now to find the energy and the help. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Yes, I understand. We have a SMALL yard (which was done by choice as well LOL) but we have hired someone to come in and take care of it. We just knew we needed someone to come in and do the base for us, because getting enough help for all we want to do probably wouldn't have been considerate to the help we could have gotten. ROFL

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts