I need someone to push me off the edge...

edge
This cliff I'm standing on
it taunts me
it haunts me
and
I'm a little bit scared of it.

Who am I
to follow
that fleeting
returning
thought?

What if that
shouldn't be
the way?

What if
it's not
meant
for me?

What if my heart
can't handle the
rejection?

Steps I have taken
in the past
had the feeling
of being
the right step.

The steps I struggled with
were filled
with others thoughts.

This time
again
I'm worried about
everyone else.

Or as if
what I want to do
isn't enough
or
too much
for little me.

But then
I've been dealing
with that nagging thought
most of my life
anyway.

Who said
he could get a foothold
now?

How
do I shake
him off?

How do you
decide
now
is the time?

How do you balance
your expectations
with those
from others?

How do you
take
that first step
anxious to see
what comes next?

And so I stand
looking over the horizon
full of promise and hope
wondering if it is for me.

And so I look
over the cliff
wondering
where the first step
will take me.

Is it possible for me
to dance my own dance
walk my own path
make my own choices
out loud
and
own them
and
not worry about
the naysayers
and head shakers?

Could someone just
give me a little
nudge?


I would love for you to join the conversation through 
Facebook, Twitter, my email, or in the comment section.

Comments

  1. Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!! I'll hold your hand and maybe we can jump together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. LOL Thank you. Why is it I suddenly want to sit down and roll into a ball like a roly-poly? Crazy morning.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts