I'm learning! Well, I needed to anyway. It's all good.

Yesterday I had the amazing opportunity to skype with two different awesome women. One conversation was because I signed up for am exit coaching spot in Story 101, and the other was because I joined Story Sessions and they have an intro conversation. I looked forward to both calls tremendously and am so grateful to have had them.

The Story 101 coaching spot helped me a lot. For someone who still doesn't know exactly where she is going, to end the call feeling there is a path I just need to find it is huge. And how do you do it? You just keep going. Just keep writing. Change things. Play with ideas. *Move forward.* She gave me so much to think about and consider, but mostly it centered on simply being me.

The Story Sessions intro conversation was also full of information. It centered more on Story Sessions, how I came by it, and what, if any, questions I had about it. But there was also discussion about seasons of life, future plans, and being okay with not knowing where I am right now.

I was on a high last night, and felt hopeful and promising and confident. Then....

I woke up.

Have you ever heard of a vulnerability hangover? I really feel as if I have one of those today. The funny part was that I don't think I revealed any big secrets about myself, though simply telling people what I do, why I do it, and where my focus is can sometimes feel like a secret. In fact, as I am writing I realize that a few weeks ago I had two conversations about my writing, but instead of being confident and sure I was almost embarrassed about those things. Crazy, right? But I guess it's a good sign that I was able to talk about it all without the embarrassment this time. Or without complete embarrassment.

I should say, the reason for my embarrassment is that I fear I'm not good enough for what I want to do so the reason why I do it is null and void. I'm learning that while I do still have lots to learn that is NOT a bad thing. These opportunities are widening who I am because I am learning about others as well as myself.

But when my eyes opened this morning I did not want to get out of bed. Now, I haven't made it that far, considering I simply got some coffee, and grabbed my spot on the couch with my computer, but I'm moving. And I'm planning for today. And I'm not shutting the door.

There are some times where the hangover needs a day home with movies, or down time, and rest to rejuvenate. I'm learning that is taking care of me, and it is important. When I don't do that then I get frustrated, anxious, and that is when I truly want to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Now I know when I take care of me, more things actually do get done, and these feelings of quitting life do pass.

I learned this through these amazing women as well.



Cost of Story 101 - $165
Cost of Story Sessions - $13 a month
Cost of getting to know amazing women - priceless
The ability to know myself better - priceless



I would love for you to join the conversation through 
Facebook, Twitter, my email, or in the comment section.

Comments

  1. Stacey, I enjoyed reading this. " I'm learning that while I do still have lots to learn that is NOT a bad thing. These opportunities are widening who I am because I am learning about others as well as myself." I'm learning this, too, and am so thankful for Story 101 and Story Sessions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So grateful for you, too, Gayl! Thank you for your sweet kindness!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing. I get those "hangovers" too. It's never easy to combat the feelings of not being enough, but it certainly is easier to do it in good company. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing that these feelings come and go and will leave... huge, right? It IS easier when you are with others who will talk about feeling the same thing. SO grateful for you Jamie. :)

      Delete
  3. Do you have any idea how truly wonderful you are? I read this post and I don't think you do. But I think that part of what makes you so wonderful is that there is no pretense in you. Second guessing, maybe, but honest and real always. God uses your words, dear friend. More than you know! So keep writing. I am blessed beyond words to have you in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Becky! You are such a sweet open soul, and I am so thankful you are in MY life!!!

      Delete
  4. Vulnerability hangover. First time I heard it was from an interview with Brene Brown. :D I too, have suffered hard with those. While I read this, I thought of this quote and so I share with you.... "It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " You my friend, are in the arena. :D Keep on Living Brave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh Lesley! yes!! I now wonder how often I have to hear or learn something before I really get it. And will I have to learn this again as well?? Thank you for this reminder, and for the encouragement.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts