I'm smashing plates

You know the metaphor: life can become like a circus performer spinning plates. Well, my friends.. I'm smashing plates.

I can't do it all. I wish I could a thousand times. The things I want to do are all good, but I only have so much time in a day and I only have so much brain power to work with. And lately, things have not been getting done.

So, I'm streamlining, looking for where I am wasting time, releasing some ideas even though they are grand, and holding on to the priority which fits me the best.

Because that's the thing, isn't it? You would look at my to do list and number it in a completely different fashion than I will. So... what's important to me?

That's part of what I am working out, I think. Not that there is going to be this huge shift in my life, but at the same time, maybe there will be. I'm trying to take my time in making decisions. I know I have been here and done this before. Honestly, I think all lives go through this on a fairly regular basis, or they should. Did I just do this last month though? Or in December? Maybe this is simply an extension of that time.

What I know:
I want to keep my priorities my priorities.
I want to be intentional and purposeful.
I want to stop multi-tasking.
I want to remember that seasons come and go.
I want to grow and become more the person I should be.
I want to stop needless apologizing. 

Vague? I think rather specific. I think it's a good (re)starting place for me. I think these are specific core values to keep in mind as I work through things.

I simply need to find a day to stop everything else so I can work through it. Who volunteers to come clean my bathrooms? ;)

I would love for you to join the conversation through 
Facebook, Twitter, my email, or in the comment section.

Comments

  1. I don't think that taking stock and realigning priorities is a bad thing at all... I mean, if we didn't, at 40, we'd still be having the priorities we had at 20... and that wouldn't be right. Our very lives are different... and so as our lives change, and as WE change, it's good to do that... Even if it sometimes seems like we're doing it AGAIN. :) Keeps us on the right track for us, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo! Sometimes I wonder what I look like from the outside, and figure it's simply a big ball of craziness. ;D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts