December 2, 2013

Let the silly commence!

Share a video of people singing and dancing and I will watch it. When it's a large group of people it always makes me laugh with joy. When it's for a person or group of people I will cry. I will. The reason is because these people have gone out of their way to do something for someone else. Whether it is a group of strangers who happen to be nearby or a loved one they care about dearly, they stop worrying people will think they are silly, crazy, or stupid and they do something for the sheer joy of it. I love this.

I will be honest, however, I am not often this brave. I tend to stay quiet, small, in the shadows, and unseen. Not because I don't love my people dearly, but because I still worry someone will think what I do is less than. Sad, right?

So, this is what I want to remember. Sometimes being silly is a good thing. Sometimes being silly is a fun thing. But always....

1

I would even say I have learned that we can feel silly, but it doesn't come off that way in the end. Those videos I was talking about? They are cherished memories for those who were there at the filming. Those moments where you just don't care, more good times to recall. I have learned this from the three up there in this picture. They remind me being silly brings us power and laughter and moments to hold dear to our hearts.
So, let's be a little silly. Let's laugh and love and dance and sing and romp and cry and enjoy a moment. Let's make a memory. It doesn't have to end up on youtube. But it will end up in your heart.


I would love for you to join the conversation through 
Facebook, Twitter, my email, or in the comment section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...