Don't let fear stop you. It's a choice.

6

My youngest and I watched this movie, After Earth, together. It was a good movie, and I would say you could sum it up with this quote. It's not the first time I have heard this idea, however. When I did my A-Z series I learned that fear is something we make on our own, and it actually gets in the way of knowing true danger.

Whether you are walking down the street, meeting someone new, or attempting a new project if we allow fear to be the loudest thing in our brain we are making a bad choice. Fear, as the quote says, is a product of our thoughts. It is worrying about something that hasn't happened yet, and may not happen. It is doubt dragging your feet backwards. But it is a choice we make.

Please know this is hard for me to really accept as well. I have allowed fear to be the reason I have not done things in the past. I have missed out on opportunities, knowing people better, and learning experiences because I was afraid. And, oh friend, we don't have to live that way.

So, let's choose. Fear, the idea that something may happen sometime, will not rule our decisions or our lives anymore. We will choose otherwise. We will choose strength, hope, promise, and possibility. After all, the sun will come up. Just wait and see. Now, what will you do with the day?


I would love for you to join the conversation through 
Facebook, Twitter, my email, or in the comment section.

Comments

Popular Posts