September 17, 2013

When the attacks come from within

How often do you find yourself in the middle of a day when you realize the one you have had to fight the most was yourself? You can call it friendly fire but really it's not so friendly and it's not so innocent. They are not accidental attacks. They are literal intentional attacks which strike the heart on purpose.

When the weight of the day gets so heavy
and you feel so alone
and you wonder if anything really matters
or if it makes a difference at all.
Each day you wake up
you hope
just for that day
may the feelings and the thoughts and the words
be gone.
But they aren't.
They still slink and slide
in and out
through your brain and into your heart.

But this is what I want you to know.
You can fight yourself as well.
You can fight those lies with the truth.
You can learn a new way to think
by taking those thoughts captive
and replacing them with the heart of our God.
Hold on
You are loved
He is your strong tower
He will always be with you
You will never be alone
You matter
You are beautiful
You are special
You are chosen

The attacks come from all areas. The lies are spoken and thought. The truth can beat them every time but it will take time. And when the hard days come again you have to fight again. But it will go, and it will not define you, and you will realize you can fight because you are so much stronger with God than by yourself.

And He loves you.

So much.



I would love for you to join the conversation through 
Facebook, Twitter, my email, or in the comment section.

4 comments:

  1. I've recently been learning to stop in the middle of a bad thought or bad words to myself, and just start praying. I did that last night as I was trying to fall asleep and instead made-up conversations and arguments started playing. I was becoming increasing restless until I realized what was actually happening. Last thing I remember, I was talking to God, and then I woke up this morning feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catching ourself is indeed half the battle! ((hugs))

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...