An afternoon thinking and doing

I sat with the yarn flowing through my fingers as youngest sat in a chair reading. The quiet through the house allowed us to hear trains in the distance, chimes on the porch, and birds in the trees. I was counting stitches and considering the day when he asked me what was wrong.

"Nothing." I replied laughingly, "Why do you ask?"

He went on to explain I was making a multitude of faces while I crocheted and he didn't think it was because of the yarn I was dealing with.

"No, I guess not. I was thinking about dinner, and lemon bars, when Manda might get home, when your father would get home, the relationship between two people I worry about, the pattern I was using, your brother, laundry, the dog's nails, how momma is doing, what May is doing, and the book I got from the library."

He laughed and said he now understood the faces I was making.

I smiled and decided to give my brain and fingers a break. Getting up I moved to the kitchen and began taking out the ingredients needed for that night's dinner.

close yarn

Comments

  1. I often wonder about the expressions I make when I'm not thinking about it. I try to consciously look "pleasant" when I can, just because that's how I'd rather have people remember and look when I'm old. Most old people have earned the face/expression they have. I love posts like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL There is NO TELLING what I will look like as an older person then. :D Thanks Amy!

      Delete
  2. I've had people remark on various of my facial expressions while I had no idea they were so apparent ... not until someone pointed it out, anyway. Interesting, isn't it, how much we give away about ourselves via non-verbal communication.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH yes! I know I'm an open book, no matter how hard I try to be stoned face. It gets me in trouble and gives me away. It always makes me laugh, however, when youngest denies HIS facial expressions. LOL

      Delete
  3. LOL! Alicia is constantly saying to me, "Mom... you're THINKING again... stop it!" Apparently my face "looks funny."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL At least we wouldn't worry each other's children. heeee

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts