I made a few...

Maybe it was the lack of doing anything for such a long period of time. Maybe it is the adorable purse my future dil carries with her. It was probably a combination of both, but I simply had to make purses, and I had to make them now. The problem was I could not purchase anything to make them, but could only use what I had on hand. That meant I couldn't make one like my dil has, nor could I make an adorable one I found on Pinterest. But soon I will. It was all good though because I found others I could make, and pulled out my machine and started making.

To have an excuse, because sometimes I feel the need to explain why I have a desire to be crafty, I told myself I needed a small bag to keep my stuff in when I go to taekwondo. Usually I simply sit it on the bench with my shoes, so a small bag for wallet, keys, and purse would be ideal. Using some slacks which no longer fit me, and some material from another project I made a while ago, I began following this pattern for a bag made from a square. It only took two 18"x18" squares, and I could come up with that easily. The pattern was easy to follow, though I didn't make the bottom flat. I really loved the way it turned out.

1

My problem was it was too "nice." I loved it so much, it became something I would wear on a regular day, not something I would take to a sporty event. Of course, that simply meant I had to make another one. So, I chose up some left over t-shirt material, ironed backing onto the orange for a little structure, and made another one. Wala! Still so cute, but more sporty as I was wanting.

2

I want you to know both of these purses took maybe an hour to make. So, you realize what that means, right? I had more time to try something else as well. I don't have a pattern to share for this one, but it was sort of along the lines of this other purse I made a year or so ago. I needed (yes, needed) a smaller brown bag, and I wanted some red in it too. The material was scavenged from my piles, and this was the final outcome of that expedition.

3

It's cute, small, and will work wonderfully. I have to say I'm not in love with any of them as much as I love the first black and green bag. I don't know, but there's simply something about that bag I adore. I'm just glad I took the time to be creative, and next time maybe I wont need an excuse. After all there are a couple of other really cute bags I pinned which I haven't even attempted yet.

Comments

  1. I see posts like this and really wish I was crafty! Just NOT though! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thanks Beth. It was fun to make. I don't know that much which is probably why I do so much ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh, my look at that -- love those. I'm a purse fanatic (always gotta have a new one) but I buy them. :) You're so talented with these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would buy more if I could. I saw the cutest black one yesterday, but it just wasn't meant to be. ;)

      Delete
  3. These are so cute, Stacey and I completely understand the need to be crafty!!! I actually like the last one the best!!
    Keep at it, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becky! I used it yesterday and it worked out fairly well. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts