10 years ago this Sunday.

My oldest boy was 9 years old, and my youngest was 6.
We had lived in Texas for two years.
We had been out of the military for two years.
I had websites at geocities and crosswinds.
I was introduced to blogging through Xanga.
An adventure began.

I look around and see a different landscape online than I once did. There are no more guestbooks as we had on our websites, nor are there WebRings. Xanga was lovely for allowing you to have conversations through the comment sections, but friends thought it would be better if we moved out and had more freedom. Bulletin Boards, like Online Moms, aren't the place to be anymore, and blogs are so much easier than learning html, or now css.

I see different things here as well. One child moved on, and another wrapping up his time here. We have been in Oklahoma for two years. We have faced hardships and heartbreak. We have built and tore down. We have survived and barely missed needing to survive. We have loved and fought. We have broken ties and built new ones.

If there is one thing we can count on, it's change. That's what they always say. But the constants are a deep part of our lives as well. I will always have a family who loves and supports me. I will always love and support them as well. I will always take a bit of time to get used to new normals. I will always be a little shy. I will always enjoy creating and giving and doing for others. I will always worry I have done the wrong thing. I will always enjoy those around me. I will always write.

I have blogged nearly consistently for 10 years.
I have deleted more posts than remain.
I have written in numerous notebooks and journals along the way.

Thank you for being here with me. Whether it was in the beginning, or now (which is not the end), I appreciate your support, your thoughts, your comments, and your love. I appreciate you allowing me to change to be a better me, and helping me find the constants which are so important. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me through the hard dark times when you have, and for helping me celebrate big when it was time to do that.

For ten years I have typed words. Thank you for receiving them. Thank you for hearing me. Thank you for allowing our paths to cross in this big unending virtual universe of the internet.

Comments

  1. I love this reflection over the last ten years. Even though I have only known you a short time I am so grateful God brought our little Mosaics crew together. You have been a blessing many a time! I am grateful you have honored Him and blessed us by sharing your words with us. (And how uncanny because my hubby just preached a message on this...How we can always count on "change".) Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. I appreciate you dropping in and leaving such a sweet note.

      Delete
  2. I feel like I've gotten the best part of you here! Although ten years ago...I wouldn't have had the courage to try. Happy Blog-a-versary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started blogging about 6 years ago. Moved to Wordpress 5 years ago. Two years after that hackers infected my website. I couldn't afford to have a professional fix it for me so I deleted everything, 3 years of content, and started over. I told everyone it was okay because I like fresh starts and new beginnings. True enough. But sometimes I wish I still had some of those words! My newest version of the blog me is less than a year old. Spending more time with this one. Trying to learn SEO and keywords and all the other behind the scenes stuff to generate more readership. But mostly ... I'm just grateful for the friends, like you, that God brought into my world through this wonderful medium! Not sure I would have made it through the last year without my blog sisters!

    Here's to another decade! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth. I think anyone who has been online for any amount of time must have some type of story like that. I'm glad you stuck around after the hackers and that our paths have crossed. :)

      Delete
  4. Stacey, you have racked up a lot of words! Those milestones don't come often but when they do they are truly celebration worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ten years! wow. an amazing accomplishment. thank you for sharing yourself with all of us. the world is a better place because of the truth and wisdom you share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks Kelly. I'm better for have known you all.

      Delete
  6. Wow, that's a wonderful journey you've been on. congrats for your dedication to writing. Maybe blogs fizzle out after a year. It really has to come from your heart. I found you through this year's A-Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm glad you are still around. :) I enjoy your blog too, but have been HORRIBLE about reading with some crazy days here. HOpe to get back regularly. :D Thanks so much.

      Delete
  7. It seems plain weird to think we've known each other so long! lol I'm not that old! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts