May 6, 2013

Through any window...

I was blessed to be able to make two baby blankets last month. It seems people in our family like having babies around the same time. It happened two years ago, and again this year. All that baby goodness makes me smile and wish I could be there to love and snuggle said babies. Since I can't, due to distance, I send my love in the only way I know how. A blankie.

020

The first one I made was from a pattern called Through any window. She shares the pattern on her website if you want to make it. I used the regular version (not the alternate) and was really pleased with the way it came out. If you are on Ravelry you can see different versions in different colors.

021

When I made the blanket I strayed from the pattern, but not all on purpose. I accidentally used double crochet stitches rather than half double, but I chose to use a larger hook. The blanket was going to a warmer climate, and I thought a lighter looser version would work better. I also could not figure out the picot edging, so I simply did rounds of single crochet to frame it. I loved the way it finished and was pleased to send it to the little boy who stole his mommy and daddy and sister's heart.

2 comments:

  1. Fun blanket, love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie! I really enjoy crocheting. I may use this pattern again one day. :)

      Delete

Shopping Cowl

I was walking through Target and it drew my attention almost immediately. They are currently selling the softest, loveliest cowls which ar...