First class... and last?

So, at the beginning of last month during my series on self-defense here, I also led a self-defense class for kids. Let me clarify, our taekwondo group held classes for adults and children, and I was in charge of the children's class.

*Ugh*

It wasn't horrible because I had some amazing people who helped, but I have learned I'm not the best speaker. I gathered some information, and made a handout that can be altered and used again, but I think next time someone else shall be leading the class. I can think of one or two who would be perfect!

And you know, this has altered my thinking. Well, in reality, it began changing my ideas of what my ultimate goal is on this topic. I am still growing and learning, after all I'm just a green belt at this time, and I have decided to work towards my black belt by the time I'm 50, which is TOTALLY doable. But as far as leading these classes, I'm okay if it's someone else who does a better job. I'm thrilled that we are now offering this class once a quarter because we are reaching people and helping them.

And really, when it came down to it, that was my ultimate goal after all.

Comments

  1. Aw, now I want to see you teaching little kids to kick butt... erm, or at least not get THEIR butt kicked. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT was sad!! SAD. SO thankful for the others there. LOL

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts