K: Keep Your Eyes Open

In light of doing what you can, one of the most important things you can do is keep your eyes open and be observant of what is going on. Too often we walk around distracted by our phones, children, lists, or thoughts. We need to make sure we know what is going on around us, and we can’t do that if our concerns are elsewhere.

Was that person in his car next to yours when you went into the store? How long has the car behind you been behind you? Could you tell me what the person you just spoke to looked like if you needed to recognize them again?

It’s not that we all need to turn into the characters on Psych or Mentalist, but being more observant is so important to our safety. Pay attention to where you are going, who is around you, and what they are doing. Most criminals don’t want to be noticed, so notice them.

Comments

  1. Good Post, Stacey. Everyone should keep their eyes open. My aunt used to say, "Keep your eyes open, you may never pass this way again."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! We can help others as well as ourselves by keeping our eyes open. I so agree.

      Delete
  2. I've read a few of your posts. It's obvious that this 'non event' has had a profound effect on you. I hope that you have peace in your heart and that aswell as making every effort to be safe, that you can relax too :) xx

    auntyamo
    http://ficticiousamo.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, thank you! And thank you for visiting through the posts. :)

      Delete
  3. Hello, Stacey! You're so right that we let ourselves be too easily distracted with technology these days. It's so backwards that what is marketed to us as something to keep us connected is actually making us more disconnected than ever. How sad!

    Happy A to Z-ing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think, like anything, it's all in how you use it. I'm truly having to curb my phone use tendencies, especially since I got a smart phone. *gah*

      Delete
  4. Amen! You've got to know your surroundings and the people in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are SO right! I'm am so oblivious to my surroundings and I need to fix that. I am way to distracted by everything! Great reminder.
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I can't count the times I have wondered what my son had on. The one I just spent several hours with, who has gone off to the electronic section of the store, and now my mind is a BLANK. Yes, something I am having to work at too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts