G: Guts

No, today I am not going to talk about having the guts to defend yourself. You already have that and simply need to learn you have it. What I want to talk about rather is when your gut talks to you, also known as intuition.

So often in this culture we ignore the warning our own body gives us. How do I know this to be true? Let me ask you a question: how often have you said, “If only I had listened to myself?” Our intuition is a physical response to situations we don’t always consciously perceive. When we get that nudge to drive around the block to make sure the garage door closed, when we feel the hairs on the back of our necks rise and we turn and make eye contact with someone who is walking behind us, when we think about a friend and call only to find out they are having a hard day: these are all examples of our intuition at work.

It is so important to learn to listen to your intuition. Intuition is a real fear within your body which sets off alarms. Real fear is not anxiety, worry, phobias, or simple concern. These have a tendency to be fear we manufacture. You have to learn to release those so you can hear your body when real fear rises. Real fear will make you aware to a situation that is going on, help you through a circumstance, and save your life.

Learn to listen to your intuition when fear sets the alarms off. Don’t wish you had.

Comments

  1. Absolutely. Our body takes in a situation on more than one level--many times we're not even aware of all those messages gathered on a conscious level. Who pays attention to their sense of smell, tone, or body language? Animals do all the time. Our bodies operate that way too, just not as pronounced.

    If we tune into our body and mind we may feel that niggling of something not adding up in enough time that we can back away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes!! I had to learn to subtract false fears in order to really listen to my true intuition, and while I'm still working on it it is SO worth it.

      Delete
  2. This is definitely a case of better safe than sorry. I'm loving your list and can't wait to see what you have still to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie! I do appreciate the encouragement you always bring!

      Delete
  3. My intuition has saved my life many times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true, that little voice inside should always be listen too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts