Potato Sausage Soup

20130121_175604_Peri

I bought the ingredients not knowing what I would make with it. The sausage sat in my fridge, and the potatoes were in the pantry for half a week. And then the idea struck and I knew. The craving took hold and I looked forward to the cold day on the forecast so I could enjoy the soup that much more.

Potato Sausage Soup

1 lb mild sausage
2 small onions chopped
4 potatoes cubed
12 baby carrots sliced in half
1 box chicken stock
1 can Progresso Creamy Three Cheese Meal Starter
1 red pepper sliced

Brown sausage and saute onion. Place in pot and add cubed potatoes, sliced carrots, and stock. Cook until potatoes and carrots are softened. Add the Progresso Meal starter and the red pepper, along with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another half an hour on low heat, then serve.

20130121_175613_Peri

My friends, it was everything I had hoped for and I knew I wanted to share it with y'all and save it for myself to make again.

(I linked to the Progresso Meal Starter because it is a new product and I wanted to make sure you knew what I was talking about.)

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. They have other meal starter flavors you could try. Ones without cheese. I think the garlic one would work well in this soup if you wanted a substitute. ;)

      Delete
  2. Yum!!! Wish I had seen this before I went grocery shopping!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts