Be intentional.

going

After I shared all my Truth Cards I had made myself at the end of last month I kept this one out. I set it within the frame in front of me so that I can see it. They end up right at eye level. When I chose this one I didn't realize how much I would need it this month. But oh did I ever.

I began struggling with ideas about mid-month working to know what direction I should take on a few things. I was struggling because I wanted to do what was best, I didn't want fear to hold me back, and I wanted to do what would thrill me, but everything had gotten mixed up. The problem was I began looking at some circumstances within my life and allowing them to have a heavier weight than they should have.

Oh, circumstances are definitely a player when we are living, right? There are some things we can't change, and there are things which change us. But I didn't want them to be heavier than everything else. Captain told me not to worry about those circumstances, but to do what I really felt I should do. He's so supportive that way. I also asked several good friends to pray for me, and to share advice if they had any. They were all great, and also encouraging.

Then I had to get quiet. I had to get pen and paper out and work through my thoughts. I had to listen to see what I was hearing from God. I had to close my eyes to it all and really consider. A few things I crossed paths with reminded me of where I wanted to be, and when all the information came together I realized the path I needed to be on was the one I originally stepped on. And then the peace flowed.

You see, I needed to be reminded of where I wanted to end up in order to know what I should do. And I know that not everyone will agree with my choices, but those that love me will still love me regardless. I'm not doing anything dangerous, or crazy, or stupid. I'm doing what I feel God is leading me to do right now. And I don't say that to shut up the critics, truly. This is where my path is, and so I am moving forward as I had originally planned, knowing the only thing which truly matters is what God thinks of me, and He's got my back.

As you move forward in your life I challenge you to be intentional. Look to see where you want to go, believe you were created for that, and take the steps you need to get there. Believe in yourself, and know that you are choosing your future based on what God has laid on your heart. Even if it doesn't make sense to everyone else.

Comments

  1. I hear you, my friend! I may just hop in my Explorer and drive to OKC one of these days so we can go to lunch and talk in person. Or would that scare you? =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, YES! It would scare me, LOLOL. But I bet it would be grand. If you ever make it this way before August just hollar!

      Delete
  2. Aw, I love you. Actually, this is very inspiring and motivating for me. I've been flying by the seat of my pants for the last couple months and I really need to take some time out and figure out what I want and where I want to go from where I am and how I want to go get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taking this year month by month has really helped me stop to see where I am going. Not that I always get where I want to go, but at least I'm not as directionally crazy as I normaly am.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts