Stop being Vulnerable

Yes, yes I know. Currently the one thing everyone tells us to do is to "be vulnerable." I think all those who are saying this would agree there is a time and place for everything. For example::
you want to be vulnerable in your marriage,
but you don't want your marriage to be vulnerable
or
you want to be vulnerable over coffee with friends,
but you don't want to be vulnerable getting there

You see, there are times vulnerability is not a good thing, but so often we don't imagine ourselves vulnerable at these times. We think the wall that protects our hearts protects us all the time. The thing is, while in relationship with another person we have to choose to be vulnerable, in other life situations, we have to choose not to be.

I hope to learn more and more about how not to be vulnerable and how to be stronger in life, and my plan is to share it here as I go. Don't worry, I wont overwhelm you with negativity or pessimistic thought. I will address situations realistically, and look at the chances of things happening. Why? Because it seems in this world of ours we all walk around thinking nothing bad is ever going to happen to us. The problem is there is evil in this world. I also know that as much as we learn, as many precautions we may take, and as often as we stay alert bad things could still happen. We can't stop them from happening, but does that mean we don't try to protect ourselves?

I don't want to change who I am, but I want to see things as they are. I care about each and every one of you, and if something happened because I didn't share the information I learn I would hate myself. The exciting prospect is this covers so many different avenues and possibilities. I can see I need to learn more spiritually (put on the armor of God...), relationally (keeping relationships safe as they grow...), physically (precautions to take before anything ever happens...), and emotionally (how to deal with a situation that comes up...). This is not a one month series, nor is it something I will be done with at a certain point. This is a way of living life so that we are stronger and safer than we would have been before.

Yes, in your writing, with your heart, and in your relationships be vulnerable.
But in your life, stop it already.

(I hope you join me as I learn more, and if you have anything you would like me to research please let me know! You may have thought of something I haven't yet.)

Comments

  1. This is a great topic. I like the examples you chose. They really illustrate your point well. As I was reading, the whole "guard your heart" idea came to mind. I have learned recently that different relationships, even among friends, can call for different levels of vulnerability. I learned the hard way that there are some to whom it is not wise or safe to be vulnerable with. I look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you girl! Please add your two cents in whenever you can. I'm trying to learn so much, and I know that some of the best resources aren't the books out of the library.

      Delete
  2. Very interested to follow along and see all the avenues we travel together. I can already imagine so many different areas. Looking forward to learning and growing with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try to just post a couple a times a month. That way I can grasp it over time, and hit different ideas slowly. There's a lot out there!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts