Museum impacts

May-Oct of 2011 the Passages Interactive Bible Exhibit came through Oklahoma City. On one of the many days that fall in those months our family went to check it out. I fell in love with the earlier copies and the scribes work. You can catch glimpses of it in this video:

About a year later I wrote this piece about writing the bible. My notebook does not have the amazing pictures or the words put in such a way that it makes a design of it's own. I simply write out the words one phrase at a time.

I finished my first notebook this month, and Captain got me a new book for me to move into. Esther, Lamentations, Hebrew, and Micah are done. I'm still not sure what I am going to do with these notebooks, but I would like to go back and add my thoughts, questions, and comments on the left side of the pages. I just don't know when I will get to that. Maybe when I finish all 66 books?

Some things grab your soul and you do something or make a change you never would have imagined making prior. Writing out the Bible is definitely one of those things I never considered doing before my trip to the museum that day. Have you ever had an experience in a museum which pushed you to do something new?

(Topic from Marion Roach Smith's Interactive Calendar)

Comments

Popular Posts