Take the time.

Dear Friend,
This is my puppy, Chip. Well, he's not so much a puppy anymore. He's my grumpy old man, if truth be told, but he is mine.
121015_0001
He's not understood by most people. He was not treated well when he was younger, and now has very little patience. Mind you, if you pay attention to him he is very clear in what he has to say, but you have to pay attention. That's not very easy to do. In fact, some people don't care to take the time to do it. But look at that face! Doesn't it make you wonder why someone would NOT take the time?
Here's a little secret. Some people will not take the time to get to know you either. Just like Chip, it's not your fault. If someone else does not want to get to know you it's their issue. Sometimes they don't even realize they are skipping over you. Sometimes they don't have the time to get to know everyone they cross paths with. Sometimes they could but turn their back anyway. Regardless, you need to know that it is okay. It's okay if someone doesn't want to get to know you any better because there are others who DO want to know you.
Sometimes we get caught up in who is skipping over us and we forget to look at who is knocking on our own door. It's a shame, but in reality we are doing the very thing which is hurting us. We are looking over someone else without even realizing it.
This is my work space. I do my Bible studies here, I dream here, and I plan here. That's what is on the wall. Some plans in post it notes. While I have made cursory plans, I have not spent time with the ideas to really get to know them. Instead I have been looking for other words which seem to evade me. Truth be told, I get overwhelmed when I look at the notes, so often I don't look at them. I certainly haven't spent any time with them. Though... I have said I would.
121015_0002
So often there are things in our life which need our attention. People who need to be seen or heard. Ideas which need to be fleshed out. Thoughts which need to be spoken. Stories which need to be told. Have you been skipping over the things only you can do? Have you been avoiding situations, circumstances, or positions because you don't know what the end result is going to look like?
Sometimes you don't gain a friend. Sometimes a project fails. Sometimes a thought has no merit. But until you take steps in the direction of that person or thing you have no idea.
Friend, know this please. Not knowing is worse than failing. Not knowing leaves opportunities untried. Not knowing leaves you with unanswered questions. Not knowing will never bring fulfillment. Maybe it's time to stop procrastinating and to take a step. Take the time to get to know that person down the street. Take the time to work on the project in your mind, heart, and gut. Take the time to breath through this moment and do what you are procrastinating. Take the next step.
I know you can do it. I believe in you.

Comments

  1. Oh friend, this speaks to me today... I'm looking at pursuing an opportunity and it's scaring me! :) Thank for believing in me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! You just keep taking those steps and see where God leads you!

      Delete
  2. "Have you been avoiding situations, circumstances, or positions because you don't know what the end result is going to look like?"

    oh yeah. guess I'd better make that phone call. thanks, Stacey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ((hugs)) Praying for you my dear. You can do it! ;)

      Delete
  3. Can I say the same thing to you, sweet friend? You can do it! I believe in you!
    Thank you for being a blessing to so many. So very thankful that you didn't pass me over, but have taken the time to get to know me. It means so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Becky! And I am grateful you didn't pass me over as well!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts