"How are you doing?"

The question of the day, and every time I answered I did so honestly. The fact he was there with me, standing tall, and smiling big made it easier. God was my strength, and He still is.

How am I doing?

future
I know this is where he is supposed to be, and (as Captain says) we raised him to do this. Not necessarily the military but live his life from his heart. He loves deeply, praises big, laughs loud, celebrates long. He is true, honest, brave, and good. He is firmly becoming (if not already has become) the God fearing man living his life as I always hoped he would. (When do you start calling your son a man anyway?)

But I need to let you know something. There comes a time when some of us who are strong break. I can't say everyone hits that point, but I can say I have.

So many things flew through my mind. I likened it to birth. He is birthing a new life for himself (as we are for ourselves) and it's a painful process. No more painful that the first time. I also compared it to truly being broken. Like waves the pain comes and you wonder if it will ever go away. Then you grow a little numb as you heal to the new normal. As feeling returns you can breathe deeply again and only joy remains.

I can tell you one thing for certain: God is my strength. He holds me, lifts me up, and gives me joy. Even now I am so excited for this man-child of mine who is taking even yet the next step in life. As he learns more and continues to grow I am thrilled for him.

I will never forget the first time I saw him this weekend, the cold and rain during the graduation parade, finding him in the mass of people, hugs and tears of joy, and spending time with him just being. Those will be tucked in my heart.

I simply needed to say, sometimes we break. And that's okay. So if it happens to you please don't panic. Simply keep trusting God with it all, and rest. All shall be well. (No matter what.)

Comments

  1. Girl, I know you are on a roller coaster ride right now. I can only imagine all the different feelings. But I am so happy for you, too. And so excited and proud for you.

    Sometimes we all break. I think it's a good thing. (((HUGS)))

    PS: Love the picture. Powerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela! I'm coming back up to a good place again in which I know gratitude. And yes, I think breaking is good sometimes.

      Thank you for the ps!! That means a lot coming from you!! ;D

      Delete
  2. Love to you, Lovely One! Love, love, love. I've got my "man" home on leave, to pin Lt Col rank on his dad's shoulders on Thursday. And I continue to cling to the love of Christ. Guess our parenting lesson continue on, even after they walk into manhood. Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderfully special! And yes, the lesson continues. :) Thanks Tobi!

      Delete
  3. I just had time to read this...sincerely more "real" to me each day I look UP into the eyes of my two sons and realize that they are rapidly becoming men. Men of valor and men of God. What more can we ask?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am! Yes ma'am. Wait until my posts next week. I got ugly!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts