Crock Pot Soup

I looked around for the recipe because I know I got it offline, but I forgot to document where I got it. So, I can't share what marvelous creature gave me this wonderful recipe. But I decided to share it with you anyway. Because it needs to be shared.

This is one of the easiest soups you will ever make. AND it's delicious. How can you beat that, right? Well, through trial and error I have figured out how to make it on the stove top as well as the crockpot. So whether you have half an hour or all day, this soup will fit your schedule.

Ingredients:
3 baking potatoes, diced
1 onion, died
1 box of chicken stock
1 head of garlic
10-16 oz of cream cheese

Crockpot:
Place potatoes, onion, stock and garlic cloves in crockpot on high for 6ish hours. Take cloves and 1/3 to 1/2  of what's in the crockpot and place in a bowl to puree. Add cream cheese to this mixture and return it all to the crockpot. Cook on low for 1-2 hours or until ready to eat.

OR 

Stovetop:
Place potatoes, onion, stock (with an extra can of broth), and garlic cloves in pot and bring to a boil. Once potatoes are tender remove cloves and 1/3 to 1/2 of what's in the pot and place in a bowl to puree. Add cream cheese to this mixture and return it all to the pot. Cook on low for 15-20 minutes until ready to eat.

Add cheese, bacon, onion, etc. as you prefer. Salt and pepper to taste.

Note:: I actually don't remove a portion to puree. I have a hand mixer, and I stick it right in the pot or crock in order to blend the mixture.

I took this soup over to a Bible Study meeting and everyone loved it. I went with a full crock, there were 10 women, and when I came home there may have been 1-2 servings left. The next time I make it I will put pictures up on my Facebook page.

Comments

Popular Posts