Two weeks have passed.

I'm watching Once Upon a Time. Have you watched it? It's a lovely television program which comes on Sunday nights. It's all about fairy tales. Not the ones we know. In this rendition each one is different yet connected together. I enjoy it.

Snow White just let go of her baby to put in the enchanted cabinet so her little girl may one day come back and save all the fairy tale characters from the coming curse. As Prince Charming takes their daughter from their room where Emma was just born, Snow breaks down crying. Sobbing.

In that moment my breath catches. I have to stop myself. I take a breath, and midway through I breathe a little deeper. Have you ever done that? It works.

I got to talk to my son today. It was an unexpected surprise for which I was grateful. Each of the ten minutes. Each second.

I have cleaned up his room some. Got a lovely comforter/curtain set from my mom which I put in his room. Took down his keyboard and slid it under his bed. But he's still there. His books, his albums, his stereo, and all of his clothes. But it's not summer camp this time, is it?

He's doing great. One day at a time.

We've all just realized it's not like he'll be coming home for summer. He won't be coming home after he's trained. This is his life, and adjusting to the knowledge that "life as we know it" is something different is hard to grasp.

But it's all good. It's as it is supposed to be. And I cannot wait until he is free to talk, we can see him, and the next stage starts. He's on a great adventure and this is just the beginning.

Unlike Once Upon a Time we aren't stuck in a land where happy endings don't exist. In fact, I still know very well that God will turn all things for good. Things will get hard, and times can be difficult, but in the end all will be well. For him and for us.

But I do miss him.


Comments

  1. Tears caught me off guard as I read this... praying for you as you walk this new normal.I only know a little of your heart. I miss her too, in fact, I had tears last night,but we are counting days til next weekend, her first weekend home. The truth wrap arrived and it's beautiful! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hearts all over are dealing with new normals. Enjoy your weekend!!

      Delete
  2. ((hugs)) I've been wondering how he was.. I'm so glad that you got a chance to talk to him. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He said he would try to call every week, but sometimes we only get a few minutes. I can't wait until he has his cell phone back, but that's not until after BMT. LOL

      Delete
  3. So glad you are getting conversations here and there...even if they are short!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do help. I can't wait to see him again, truth be told.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts