Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Today

I simply have to say thank you.

What for?

For not stopping time.
I know how much I wanted it to be stopped.

Yes, you secretly did in your heart.
 I was proud you didn’t shout it from the mountain tops.

That wouldn’t have been fair, would it?
Not to everyone else.
I simply felt I couldn’t breathe for a little while there.

I know.

I kept thinking about what was.
Remember when they had to stop the t-ball game
so all the boys could play with the ladybug swarm?
And we first started homeschooling
and I was completely overwhelmed?

Yes. Oh, yes, I do remember those moments
and many you have forgotten.

Oh, I know.
Some I choose to forget.
Those are the times I am grateful
for the continuous march of the clock.

Funny, isn’t it?
The same thing,
yet sometimes you want me to slow it down
and other times you want me to speed it up.

I’m not always very grateful
for the moments I have.
I’m sorry.
I didn’t always appreciate him
as much as I should have.
I wish I had done more.

He knows.

Letting go was much more difficult
than I thought it would be.
I thought I was ready
and you had prepared me.

Consider what it would have been had I not.

Yes, it would have been worse. Thank you.

He’s not gone forever, you know.

I know.
And that’s why I thank you
for not stopping time when I asked you to.
If you had, tomorrow would never come.

And as long as there is Today I am with you.

I know. Thank you.


Comments

  1. Sniff. I'm not ready to think about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a lump in my throat. Thanks for letting us peek into your relationship with the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tears are streaming down my face. Thank you for being real. Thank you for being vulnerable. Thank you for being an example. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so beautiful... and so true! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A big hug to you, Stacey. Just one big hug and a little bit of "knowing." This is lovely, your acknowledging today while still pointing your face to tomorrow. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, and I am shedding tears, too. But I especially appreciate your perspective because while my kids are little, sometimes (often) I need to remember to appreciate the now. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts