Then I looked at this hole in my week where no words lived and I finally just accepted there would be no words. That is, until Jenni posted yesterday about the Liebster Award. Now, normally I grieve a little when tagged for these, but this time it was like a joyous chorus singing in the background. So, you can either thank Jenni for the words you are about to read, or wish she had never nominated me. But truthfully if this is your wish you probably aren't still reading.
On with the game...
What is the Liebster Award?The German word Liebster (pronounced LEEB-ster) means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. The Liebster Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
Rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Notify the people you have tagged.
5. No tag backs.
11 Things About Me:
- I have a love hate relationship with my hair.
- My dog sleeps at my feet every night.
- I like coffee, but it's usually too strong. I have learned to ask for added water.
- I started Taekwondo classes within the past year.
- I'm an introvert.
- I like creating meals/desserts for people though going out is always a special treat.
- I love sitting down and stepping into another story for a few hours through a movie.
- I get nervous when I don't know what to say and am only speaking to one person.
- If I know what to say I have no problem speaking to a crowd.
- I believe love is a choice we make every morning.
- I was in ROTC for a year or so where I met my husband.
Jenni's Questions For Me:
- What is your greatest fear? I should be able to answer this, but I feel a little bit like Harry Potter choosing between Voldermort and the Death Eaters. My greatest fear is whatever has grabbed my heart for that moment.
- Describe yourself in three words. Kind. Creative. Quiet.
- What is your favorite passage of Scripture (verse or book)? Whenever I have to choose I always fall back to Hebrews 12:2 "fixing our eyes on Jesus." The entire section (verses 1-3) are so powerful but nine times out of ten when I need scripture it's because I'm off focus.
- Name something that’s on your bucket list. I don't have one.
- Describe what a perfect day would look like to you. Right now it is simply spending time with my husband and boys no matter what we are doing. Except fighting. If they start fighting a perfect day would be me by myself.
- What is your favorite color? Depends on my reason/mood. Red is brave, blue is truth, green is peace, and yellow is joy. Decorating here at my house has much neutrals with pops of color. My closet holds a lot of black.
- Share a brief testimony of how God is working in your life. God is growing me to be stronger. I am learning to set boundaries, change my mind frame, and say goodbye.
- What is your favorite snack? Right now chili and lime flavored almonds. Oh my word, can we say addiction? I have to eat a few cinnamon flavored almonds afterwards just so my mouth doesn't keep craving the taste.
- If you could live anywhere, where would that be? I've moved so much I don't feel any place holds my heart. BUT I think it would be totally cool to live in a small farmhouse, white of course, with fields and fields of wheat for nearly as far as the eye could see.
- Name five things that make you smile. How is it when I try to do this I worry more about others than what makes me smile?
- Why do you write? Because the words circle around my brain and need to go somewhere. Because I like hearing the words for generally I am learning something myself. Because I hope with all the mess of who I am maybe I can inspire, encourage, or hold the hand of someone else through words. Because words have done that for me.
Now, those of you who know me will not be surprised by what follows. I can't give away the award to anyone, for the same reason I didn't answer 10. I know, I'm crazy. God is still working on me. Thank you, Jenni, for nominating me for the award. It was fun to answer all the questions.