Coffee and friends:: Amy

I am so thrilled to introduce another friend today! Amy and I also met in the Better Writer forum through {Allume}. She's a brand new blogger, and I wanted you to get to know her better. You will learn so much with her! Do you have your cup of coffee or tea ready? With no further ado, here's Amy!!

I’m more of what you would call and accidental blogger, potentially even a coerced blogger. This
wonderful page that you have just landed on is the home to one of my main cheerleaders and mentors
while I do this little writing thing. You know how you go skiing with a great friend because they want you to come along, even though you don’t ski? That’s kind of why I’m here. I’ve read a few blogs for a while and never really saw myself as part of that set. The biggest draw was always the community. I’m a total extrovert and I love knowing people and want to be known. I love inside jokes. I want everyone to be in on the joke, though.

If you get to know me well, which I hope you do over at www.amylearns.com, you’ll discover that I
have many and varied interests. I absolutely love to learn about almost anything. Give me a catalog
and I’ll study it like a textbook. In my home they range from commercial interior design elements to
gunsmithing paraphernalia to parts for mid-60’s Ford pickups and Mustangs. I love hardware stores and grocery stores that I’ve never been to before. I’m a professional dabbler. That dabbling is actually my passion. I don’t really care to be the best or proficient at any one thing, but I’d love to help you do that. That is my other passion. I want to help you find that thing, that bit of information you need to pursue your own passion.

This blogosphere is generally off the radar screen of most of my family and longtime friends. That’s
fine. I’m not one for asking people to cram one more thing into their lives. I have friends that run. I’m
so glad that they don’t ask me to join them or constantly tell me what I’m missing by not running. I’ll
stick to my Zumba and kickboxing, although I’d love to be able to do some real cycling and serious cross country skiing. Funny how a small child can change your normal in such a drastic way.

So I’ll keep doing this blogging thing as long as anyone cares to read what I have to say. Maybe a little past that, if I feel like it. I know that Jeff Goins told me to call myself a writer, and I did, but that’s not why I’m here. I don’t have a deep-seated (http://grammarist.com/usage/deep-seeded-deep-seated/) desire to write, but I have this desire to reach out, hear your conundrum about how to tackle something and give you a hint or two. Like that link? I had to find out which word to actual use and I’ve passed that along. That’s exactly how “Amy Learns” and how I want to help you learn, too.

Thanks to Stacey for letting me invade her space (80’s reference). You’ve found a great place to come, thanks for letting me speak to you. You’re welcome to visit anytime.
 You simply MUST go over and check her blog out. If you know what's smart you will follow her and join her regularly, as well.

Thanks so much Amy for taking your time to come over here today! I loved having coffee with you.


Comments

  1. Nice to get to know you a little bit better Amy! And what a fun series Stacey!!! I'm so looking forward to meeting you all in October (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wish! I already feel out of the loop. I wont be there due to a family obligation, but I wish things weren't colliding like that. I'm counting on lots of news and reports on how much fun y'all have. You will have to all give each other hugs for me.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Lisa! Wish Stacey was going to be there, too. Like her son is more important or something. :0 This is a great series. I've loved getting to know so many wonderful people through posts like these. Thanks for having me Stacey.

      Delete
    3. Couldn't have doen it without you Amy! ;) Seriously, I am so grateful for you to post and to share your heart here. I'm glad I have gotten to know you!

      Delete
  2. Stacey, you are one of the nicest people on the internet. Seriously.

    Amy, nice to meet you. I like why you write. I'm an introvert and find solace in writing. Sometimes, even that is too much for me. Looks like I'll be seeing you at Allume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are to sweet. :) Thanks Tereasa.

      Delete
    2. Nice to meet you, too. Can't wait to hunt you down and say hello. I won't be pushy though. ;) Stacey is one of those amazingly nice ones, isn't she.

      Delete
  3. So, it's afternoon now, and I'm sitting here with my iced coffee instead of my morning latte and I'm going to try commenting again! :)

    I feel like I could have written this post in the WHY you blog... It's all about community and connection for me, except that I've been blogging for 8 years and I'm really an introvert, and I don't do anything that resembles exercise.
    I should totally do guest posts on my blog... it would be one less day that I would have to come up with something to write about! :)
    love getting to know you both!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So looking forward to getting to know you even better and then meeting. I know normally it's the other way around, but hey, it's the 21st century. Guest posts are the s'mores of the blog world!

      Delete
  4. Amy, I love that you posted that link!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm geeky about learning like that. I like to share, too. :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely to meet you, Amy, and Stacey! What a pretty blog! Thanks for having me over :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts