Heavy Days and Plans of Action

Monday: “Fear and doubt have a way of sneaking in when you aren't looking. We need to make sure we have ways to fight them sight unseen.” (My facebook status.)

Tuesday: The weight of the day engulfed me as I worked through these circumstances.
  • I managed to make coffee without the grounds.
  • I planted half the amount of plants in my garden I should have.
  • I put a hole in a shirt while ironing.
  • I missed an appointment for someone to fix my oven because my phone wouldn’t acknowledge their calls. Even their voice mails came in belated.
  • I got lost trying to find the camera store where I sent the pictures for developing.
  • I sent the wrong picture to be developed.
  • I filled the house with the icky I wore.

Heavy days


Some days are simply hard. We hear the lies, listen to them, snuggle in, and cry out for someone else to help us. The only problem with that plan of action is it doesn’t help us and no one else can either. We have to be willing to do the hard work. We have to be willing to get up and take action that brings positive feelings. We have to be willing to choose to believe the truth and listen to that only. But some days it seems so much harder to do. And sometimes we think that we are doing so good we don’t have to keep our guard up.

Please know hard days will come.
Our guard needs to always stay up.
We will live through these days.

The way each of us fights fear, doubt, and lies will be unique to each one of us. This is what makes it both so hard and so easy. For some praise music and a time of prayer chases those feelings out the door. For others a run around the park or evening soak in the bath is what brings peace back to the mind. We have to search ourselves and find those things which bring us peace and joy and put them into our days on a regular basis. Then when the hard days try to sneak in we will already be working to keep them at bay.

I will admit my hard day on Tuesday wasn’t that hard, in retrospect. Sometimes, however, the last straw truly does break the camel’s back. Even if we know we will laugh about the circumstances in a week, we need to have things in place to help us make it through the day. Do you know what will help you when the hard moments come?

Comments

  1. Hi Stacey! For me when hard times come, I surround myself with happy music and people that encourage, support and love me just as I am. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, friend! I have done the coffee without grounds way too many times to count! Yesterday, I had a debate over what was more ridiculous- wiping my boys mouth while holding my keys in the same hand OR coming home from the store having left my entire purchase at the store. Laughing is definitely the best way to handle it!
    Hope your days have gotten better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The days we can laugh in the moment are such a blessing! I'm glad you were given that. :)

      Delete
  3. So I went to the bible, as scripture hidden in my heart is how I stay "on guard". 2Cor 4:7-9 states: but we have this treasure in jars of clay, to shoe that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.

    So here's my challenge to u Stacey ;). Do u have any crafty ideas of how to create our own jar of clay as a reminder of this verse.??

    Xo,
    Patti Olson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Patti! What a challenge. I will put some thought and research into it and see if I can come up with anything. :)

      Delete
    2. Don't sweat it too much ;). I just thought I'd ask in case the Holy Spirit gave you any prompting! I don't eve know if that's legal; me giving you the blogger a challenge...LOL!

      P.

      Delete
    3. Oh I think it's GREAT!! And TOTALLY legal. :D

      Delete
  4. I feel like this MOST days! Thanks for the honesty! And thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (((hugs))) I think maybe I was supposed to link back to you? I'm sorry I didn't.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts