February 15, 2012

Old Fashioned Rose Afghan

latest crochet, still wip
* WIP *

This is my current work in progress with yarn. I am loving these colors, which were based off the Old Fashioned Rose quilt top I altered recently. I'm about 2/3 of the way done with this, and I can assuredly say it makes me happy when I look at it. I think a quilt or afghan should make you happy as well as keep you warm. Don't you think so?

I think everything in our homes should be both useful and beautiful. They should help create a feeling that we want to walk into whenever we walk in a room. Whether it is artsy, free, warm, breathable, or comfy, what we choose to put in our homes makes such a huge difference in how we feel when we put ourselves in our homes.

I don't know yet who this afghan will belong to, but hopefully it will be someone who loves it and who smiles each time they see it. That would be nice.

6 comments:

  1. Oh. Love.love.love the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheri! :) I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
  2. I love the colors! That little strip of green just makes everything else pop out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's hard to tell I know, but there is a bright/light green stripe in it as well. :)

      Delete
  3. Love it!

    I don't do as much crocheting anymore, both due to very hairy dogs in the house, and because it has gotten to the point where it hurts my hands too much to hold the hooks. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I'm so sorry about the pain in your hands. I hope it's something that isn't permanent. And I totally understand the long dog hair! I'm grateful our current dog doesn't have that issue. :)

      Delete

Shopping Cowl

I was walking through Target and it drew my attention almost immediately. They are currently selling the softest, loveliest cowls which ar...