Subtracting


Ali Edwards has turned her weekly newsletter into weekly inspiration. I'm so glad I never unsubbed when she wasn't using it very often. I love her work, but the consistent scrapping bug has not lived here in many years. The inspiration she sends out, however, does not have to do with only scrapping. For instance, this past week it was about subtracting.

t's funny. Once the Christmas flurry of crafting was done I came to a bit of a stand still. My brakes were on. For at least a week or two I did nothing, and it was just what was needed. When you finish a big meal you have to push away from the table before you want any more food. This is where I was, without even knowing it. I simply needed a break so that when I came back to the table I was ready to digest some more.

Though, inspiration had to cut back as well, for that is a meal in itself. I was looking, and thinking, and planning, and dreaming but there comes a limit before you forget everything and sit numbly considering.

Now that I am starting to pick things back up slowly I realize that some of what I have done in the past simply isn't where I should be, or need to be. But there are some things that I am exploring more, and I love it. Through my subtraction I was able to add. I love math.

One of the things that I have not done ever on a regular basis is draw, but I picked the pencil up in the last week. What I really want to do more of is journal, which really may lead me back to a type of scrapping. I believe this is the start of that, but we shall see. I'm trying to simply do the next thing I feel without having to know where it will end up. That is probably the biggest thing subtracted from my life recently, but the hardest removal. It requires a lot of deep breaths.

Comments

  1. Now that I am starting to pick things back up slowly I realize that some of what I have done in the past simply isn't where I should be, or need to be. But there are some things that I am exploring more, and I love it. Through my subtraction I was able to add.

    Beautifully put.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts