Remembered

Do you ever feel like you simply have to hold your breath? You must, for if you exhale everything will be blown away? That's where I am this morning, but deep breaths come anyway and they are refreshing.

I work, wonder, ask, plead, and question. Then I sit with those things for a while wondering and worrying. And then my God pours so much into my lap and into my brain that I laugh at my questions that were once so serious, and I contemplate how I ever could have put so much stock in me.

I love other bloggers, for they help me find my way regularly. They are often my morning devotional and afternoon break. I recently culled the list of blogs I am subbed to, and while it is still an obscene amount, they are enough that I can read once again. I missed the words because too many made me feel overwhelmed. God gives to so many and so many receive into their soul. His Word is holy and just and dividing. Our words point to the Maker, the Creator, the One.


And so I breathe, because God has placed me where I am, He will grow the fruit in my life, and He will plan the things for me to do. I need only have eyes and ears to see and hear, and He will provide those as well. Maybe what I really need is an open heart not blocked by bitterness, anger, abuse, and pain. But that too He will deliver. He is our provider and healer.

And so I exhale, grateful that I don't need to turn blue to move forward. Thankful for the God who remembers.

Psalm 25:4-7
Show me your ways, LORD,
teach me your paths.
Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.
Remember, LORD, your great mercy and love,
for they are from of old.
Do not remember the sins of my youth
and my rebellious ways;
according to your love remember me,
for you, LORD, are good.

Comments

  1. one of the things i am so grateful for is the supernatural inertia that propels me forward in Him. i would be so lost without it~

    ReplyDelete
  2. He who began a good work in you...

    Hang in there, my sweet friend. God will never leave you suffocating in your own inability to breathe...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts