Gold belt gone

And of course he passed.Can you see it? The smile on his face that is genuine and through the eyes? the picture is blurry, but I kept it because I could see that smile anyway. I adore that smile, and this one was because he just passed his test for orange belt. He has been doing amazingly well with Tae Kwon Do and the teachers here are outstanding.

We were there for about four hours, and it didn't seem that long at all. The gym was cold though, soooo cold. Course, had I been on the mats I'm sure it wouldn't have bothered me at all. Everyone that tested passed, though the pretests keep too many hearts from breaking. One girl told me that she was worried about passing, and I told her that if by some fluke she didn't then she could look forward to beating me up and teaching me how to fall. It made her laugh, so that's good.

He was tense at the beginning of the test, and pretty much didn't relax until he had completed the sparring portion. It was exciting watching him and I was so proud of him for never giving up. He kept going and pushing and learning and repeating to really get it all. He did so well!

Comments

Popular Posts