November 20, 2011

Remembering the Season

The truth of the matter is I am looking for a way to get through this holiday season appreciating each and every day. You see, if all things go as planned, this will be the last holiday season when my oldest lives under the roof of his parents. It would be easy peasy to get really morose and emotional about this, but what would that do for him? What would that do for me? Where would the thankfulness be in that? I know this is not our last season with him, but things will simply be different. As. they. should. be. I know this. And in my attempt to embrace where we are now, I am going to be Remembering the Season. Would you like to join me?

My plan is that for each day I take a photograph of what we did and share a little here as well. My goal will be to embrace the moment, find joy where we are, and be thankful for all things. God has given me so incredibly much and I don't want to miss a thing. I thought a tangible way to look back on the traditions, joys, and laughter would be lovely. I'm not a scrapbooker, but if I were I would probably do this on paper. I'm a blogger and therefor you get to remember with me.

I would love it if you would like to join me. I don't think there will be enough for a Mr. linky, but if you would like to leave a comment so that I and others who pass this way can visit I would love that!

 Feel free to take this button as we Remember the Season in 2011.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Good idea! I'd like to try my hand at celebrating the season as often as I can!! Tomorrow we plan on putting out some Thanksgiving decorations - we're a bit late on that but you do what you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thought didn't occur to me until I read your post that this too will be our last holiday season with our daughter under our roof. I'm so happy for her to be starting a new chapter in her life, but it's hard not to tear up thinking about it. Thanks to you, I will be especially cognizant of appreciating and being thankful for every moment.
    Happy Thanksgiving Stacey!

    ReplyDelete