November 18, 2011

Remember extra?

The last principal that I learned from Mrs. Titus is called the "Also Principal." It's actually what I have been referring to as "the extra" for a while, but she pinned it down so that I could understand better. It totally thrilled me to have guidance on an idea I had but was still perculating.
The basis for this principal comes out of Genesis when Abraham sent his servant back to his homeland to find a wife for his son Isaac. As the servant planned and prayed to his master's God Rachel came up to where the servant was...
And the servant ran to meet her and said, “Please let me drink a little water from your pitcher.” So she said, “Drink, my lord.” Then she quickly let her pitcher down to her hand, and gave him a drink. And when she had finished giving him a drink, she said, “I will draw water for your camels also, until they have finished drinking.”
The servant knew that if the girl he approached was not only willing to help him but do extra then that would be someone who was raised like Abraham, therefore it was a relative of his. It turned out this was in fact so, and Mrs. Titus explained much about our inheritance from Abraham, and the call to inconvenience. What I needed to hear was the application of this principal for I had not been doing the extra for a lack of knowledge.
Now it seems so simple, and whether I was simply stuck in perfection, grandeur, or the idea that I couldn't do it all the time I have no idea. The principal is plainly put, do the also.
  • If you wash the dishes, dry them also.
  • If you vacuum the living room, dust also.
  • If you bring in the mail, throw out the junk mail also.
Different things will require more or less time, obviously, but if you aren't willing to take 5 minutes to do a small extra you wont take 20 minutes to really go out of the way for someone else. I kept thinking that small extras weren't worth the time, but now I know better.

Source: etsy.com via Stacey on Pinterest

Life doesn't have to be complicated but we do make it that way sometimes. Or at least I do. It was so nice to be encouraged in an idea I had been ruminating on and taught the simplicity of carrying it out.

For more of what Mrs. Titus spoke about go to her website, read this link over at True Woman, or pick up her audio or book. I can say that I truly enjoyed being at the seminar, and was so grateful that I had the opportunity to hear Mrs. Titus.

No comments:

Post a Comment