31 Days of Being Still:: Summarizing the Why



Eleven reasons why I will continue to find ways and times to be still before the Lord my God:
  1. God loves me.
    Psalm 32:10 Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in the Lord.
  2. God will always be with me.
    Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
  3. God will provide for me.
    Luke 12: 24 Consider the ravens; they neither sow nor reap. they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!
  4. God will bless me.
    Acts 3:26 God, having raised up his servant, sent him to you first, to bless you by turning every one of you from your wickedness.
  5. God will give me rest.
    Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
  6. God will strengthen me.
    Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
  7. God will delight in me.
    Proverbs 11:20 Those of crooked heart are an abomination to the Lord, but those of blamless ways are his delight.
  8. God will rejoice over me.
    Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is in your midst, a might one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.
  9. God will guide me.
    Proverbs 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
  10. God will go before me.
    Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
  11. God will answer me.
    Psalm 86:7 In the day of my trouble I call upon you [God], for you answer me.
This is not all encompassing, but rather a short list I found on the internet with a few additions and changes that I made along the way. I played with the idea of coming up with 31 reasons, but maybe that should be a series for another day.

Comments

  1. Joyce Meyer is a good person to quote from. That woman is on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like her, but this quote certainly fit the situation. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts