31 Days of Being Still:: Friday Lessons

This is the last Friday of the month. I have learned a lot about myself and God during this period. Not just from being still, but also the various books, emails, and blog posts I have read during this time. Discussions have ensued, writing has taken place, and lessons have been learned. I am sure some have been taken more to my heart than others, for I'm human and foolish at times.

The one thing I know about being still is that God calls us to it. From time before Hezekiah and after, people have been called to "Be still and know I am Lord" and sometimes we have heeded His words, and sometimes we have rebelled from them. We have all the reason in the world to rely on God and yet so often we don't. So often we panic. So often we fear. So often we try to do things our own way. If being still makes me more reliant on my Heavenly Father, then it is a step I must take. It wont necessarily continue to look the way it has for the past month, but then I'm hoping I wont look the same asa well.

Psalm 46:10-11
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”

Comments

Popular Posts