31 Days of Being Still:: Daily

I am a planner. If you read through the variety of posts I have here at My Unfinished Daze you will see several dozen on planning and organization. It's not that I'm great at follow through, though sometimes I do hit the mark. It's just that I like to figure things out a few steps ahead.

This doesn't work so well with being still. Just saying.

This is the day the Lord has made...

Give us this day our daily bread...

The people are to... gather enough for that day...

God... daily bears our burdens...

This may not be something huge for someone else to learn, but in being still every morning I am reminded to face this day. To deal with these issues. I guess this goes back to taking care of worry, in a sense, but it's so much more than that as well. As I learn to start each morning waiting on God, the moments of the day open themselves up to waiting on Him as well.

I am reminded not to come up with a dozen scenarios which may or may not happen in order to work through whatever problem may happen and find the best solution. I am reminded to rely on God alone. Not my own wisdom. Not my own strength. Not my own righteousness. Not my own anger. Not my own "rights." Not my own words.

We don't know what will happen tomorrow... we don't even know what will happen the next moment. Our knowledge is more than limited. But God knows the plans He has for us... and so it only makes sense to meet with Him and be still. And make no question about it, He is the one who stills me.

Comments

Popular Posts